Written by Nathasha De Alwis
23 Aug, 2018 | 6:37 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Japanese Defence Minister Itsunori Onodera toured the Hambantota and Trincomalee harbours.
2. Development of the Myliddy fisheries harbor commenced yesterday (August 22) under the Uthuru Deewara Navodaya programme.
3. 16 suspects were arrested on allegations of excavating for treasure on a plot of land owned by a Temple in Waduraba, Weyangoda.
4. Senior leader of India’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Subramaniam Swami, met former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
5. Steps have been taken to establish a new Accident Ward for the Kandy Teaching Hospital.
6. An unidentified gang robbed a total of Rs. 1.2 million from a businessman in Denipitiya, Weligama.
7. Eight Indian fishermen who violated the Sri Lankan maritime boundary have been arrested off the coast of Kadiramale, Kalpitiya by the Sri Lanka Navy.
8. The All Ceylon Fishermen’s Federation requests the government to conduct an immediate investigation into the sudden death of aquatic life in the seas off Mannar.
9. The Ministry of Agriculture states that they will arrest individuals who use chemicals to ripen fruits.
10. Cabinet rejects the proposal to ban the issuing of driving licenses to three-wheeler drivers under the age of 35.
1. Sri Lankan shares extended losses into the eighth session on Tuesday and posted their lowest close in nearly 17 months.
1. Clashes erupted between protesters and security forces during Eid al-Adha celebrations in Indian Kashmir‘s summer capital of Srinagar yesterday (August 22).
1. Brooks Koepka is trying to bring his major championship mojo to every tournament he enters, he said yesterday (August 22) on the eve of the PGA Tour’s FedExCup playoffs.
21 Nov, 2018 | 02:11 PM
19 Nov, 2018 | 01:02 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]