Written by Lethonkie Fernando
25 Sep, 2018 | 8:45 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Meteorology Department forecasts over 100mm of rainfall across several areas in Sri Lanka in the forthcoming months.
2. The 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly will be addressed by President Maithripala Sirisena today (September 25)
3. 21 individuals were hospitalized yesterday (September 24) due to a wasp attack in Lulkandura, Galaha.
4. A new device that assists authorities to locate fishing boats in distress or which have been reported missing, is to be introduced by the Department of Fisheries.
5. Four schools that had shut down due to the second round of G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination paper marking will reopen today (September 25).
6. The National Police Commission has informed the IGP to submit recommendations for the post of DIG in charge of the Terrorism Investigation Division.
7. The Ministry of Labour and Trade Union Affairs stated that discussions between the estate workers and their employers to increase their daily wages are currently underway.
8. The Ministry of Disaster Management reported that over 350 houses have been damaged due to the heavy showers and winds currently being experienced island wide. An advance of Rs. 10,000 will be paid for those families with effect from today (September 25).
9. A special investigation into the sudden collapse of a part of the Denzil Kobbakaduwa Mawatha adjoining parliament has been launched by the Road Development Authority.
10. Wildlife Conservation Program Association states that the Ministry of Agriculture has arrived at a decision to implement a program to provide air rifles to the farmers in order to protect themselves against wild animals.
1. Israeli soldiers shot dead a Palestinian man and wounded dozens taking part in a protest on Monday (September 24) near the border between Israel and Gaza, Gaza health officials said.
1. Real Madrid’s Croatia midfielder Luka Modric was named Best FIFA Men’s Player of the Year for 2018, while Orlando Pride’s Brazil forward Marta won the women’s award at a ceremony on Monday (September 24).
06 Nov, 2019 | 12:55 PM
26 Oct, 2019 | 03:56 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]