Written by Staff Writer
27 Sep, 2018 | 8:51 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The government has increased prices of a domestic gas cylinder (12.5 kg) by Rs. 195 with effect from last night (September 27). The new price of a cylinder of LP gas stands at Rs. 1733.
2. The Meteorology Department has forecasted heavy rainfall over 100mm to be expected in most parts of the island.
3. In a shocking incident reported yesterday (September 26), a father had electrocuted his 29-year-old son to death over a personal dispute in Walgama, Matara.
4. The National Dengue Eradication Unit confirms that the number of dengue patients reported within the year has dropped by 70% in comparison to the previous year.
5. Employees attached to several SLTB depots in Kandy had launched a trade union action yesterday (September 26) in protest against the appointment of SLTB’s new regional manager for Kandy.
6. An injunction order was issued against Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe, General Secretary of Party, Akila Viraj Kariyawasam and four others preventing them from taking disciplinary action against 06 UNP members of the Galle Municipal Council. The order was issued by the Colombo District Courts.
7. Excavation at the Mannar mass grave has been temporarily stopped due to urgent official duties.
8. 56 officials that had been employed by the Prisons Department have been promoted as Grade 01 jailers.
9. Malaysian Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir Mohomad has agreed to extend their fullest support for a housing project in the Western province.
10. The 59th commemoration of the late S.W.R.D. Banadaranayake took place yesterday (September 26).
1. Rosmah Mansor, the wife of former Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak, arrived on Wednesday (September 26) at the country’s anti-graft agency for a second round of questioning over a corruption probe at state fund 1MDB.
1. Former Sri Lankan Captain Angelo Mathews and Kusal Mendis have been dropped from Sri Lanka’s ODI and T20’s squad against England.
31 Oct, 2021 | 07:03 PM
14 Aug, 2021 | 07:19 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]