Written by Nathasha De Alwis
13 Jul, 2018 | 7:05 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Thailand’s Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, arrived in the island yesterday (July 12) on a two-day official visit is to sign four Memorandums of Understanding with Sri Lanka.
2. The interim injunction order preventing the distribution of privately produced films by the state film corporation was further extended to the 25th of this month by Colombo district judge Amila Rathnayake.
3. The Commandant of the Police Special Task Force, Senior DIG M.R. Latiff stated that prison officials make up to Rs. 30,000 a month by allowing phone calls that cost around Rs 2000 (per call).
4. Colombo International Container Terminals Ltd. (CICT) admitted to making a payment of Rs. 19.4 million (US$150,000) to Pushpa Rajapaksa as a donation.
5. TNA MP Sathasivam Viyalanderan said they received information that a 1500 acre plot of land in Paduwankarai is to be given to China.
1. The cave in which 12 young Thai boys and their football coach were trapped in for more than two weeks in northern Thailand’s Chiang Rai has been closed.
2. U.S. President Donald Trump said the best agreement he could have with Russian President Vladimir Putin would be one where there would be no nuclear weapons in the world.
1. Sri Lanka 287 all-out (1st innings) in the 1st test against South Africa.
2. Dimuth Karunaratne scores his 8th international test century in the 1st test between Sri Lanka and South Africa.
17 Jul, 2018 | 01:34 AM
15 Jul, 2018 | 06:00 PM