Written by Nathasha De Alwis
12 Sep, 2018 | 8:45 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Inspector General of Police Pujith Jayasundara has ordered that the investigation on the attempted fraud at Sri Lanka Cricket be handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department.
2.Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa, Speaker of Parliament Karu Jayasuriya as well as several other political leaders left to India.
2. 3 female suspects have been arrested in Homagama for defrauding money under the guise of providing state sector employment.
3. The Ministry of Public Administration and Management has decided to take legal action against 9 former ministers who are yet to hand over their official residences.
4. 3 suspects have been arrested in connection to the attempted murder of an individual in the Ahungalle area. The shooting in question took place on the 1st of August.
5. Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe who is on an official visit to Vietnam met with Vietnamese Premier Nguyen Xuan Phuc on Tuesday (September 11).
6. Central Bank of Sri Lanka has refuted claims that the nation is at risk from a foreign exchange rate crisis.
7. The case filed against former Civil Aviation Minister Priyankara Jayaratne for causing an unlawful loss to the government was postponed to the 19th of October.
8. The Report by the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, on its visit to Sri Lanka, was submitted to the 39th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council.
9. Former Minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake states that the monthly increase in fuel prices will have an adverse impact on the economy.
10. A new procedure for the repayment of 15% VAT, for goods purchased by foreign tourists during their stay in Sri Lanka, is set to be introduced on Tuesday (Sept 11).
1. Yesterday marked the 17th anniversary of the deadliest foreign attack on US soil. The 9/11 attacks were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda against the United States.
18 Sep, 2018 | 07:46 AM
16 Sep, 2018 | 09:01 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]