Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
10 May, 2021 | 6:08 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st) A decision has been reached to double the number of vaccination centers currently in operation at regional Medical Officers of Health zones.
The decision was reached during a special meeting of the COVID-19 Task Force that convened at the Ministry of Health this afternoon under the patronage of Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi.
According to the Ministry of Health, the following decisions were reached at the meeting today:
01. To strengthen the COVID-19 Vaccination drive in other districts, whilst prioritizing the Colombo, Gampaha, and Kalutara districts.
02. To increase the rate of PCR tests by increasing laboratories at the district level
03. To increase the rate of COVID-19 tests
04. To expeditiously release the results of samples obtained so far
05. To prepare a program to ensure that people who undergo PCR tests do NOT leave their residences until the results are released
06. To immediately provide the required facilities such as Oxygen and other medical equipment for the Treatment Centres
Minister of Health Pavithra Wanniarachchi further noted that funds will be obtained from the country’s COVID-19 Fund to increase the number of laboratories at the district level to increase the rate of PCR tests.
27 Sep, 2021 | 11:56 PM
27 Sep, 2021 | 07:08 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]