Written by Zulfick Farzan
23 Apr, 2021 | 7:26 pm
Colombo (News 1st); A ‘Ring of Thieves’ operates in Sri Lanka and their profession is to engage in fraud and corruption, said JVP leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake on Friday (23) in Parliament.
“This Ring of Thieves is responsible for looting billions of rupees or even more from public funds,” he alleged.
The opposition parliamentarian listed out the corrupt acts committed by the Ring of Thieves (mentioned below) and noted no one was held responsible for the losses incurred by the state.
01. Rs. 23 Billion loss to the Employees Provident Fund from 2008 to 2012.
02. Rs. 11 Billion loss from Bond Transactions from 2007 to 2015
03. Rs. 80 Billion loss from the Hedging Deal
04. USD 52 Million loss from investing in Greek Bonds when the Greek economy was falling apart.
05. Avant Garde taking over the Maritime Security operations conducted by the Sri Lanka Navy. The Sri Lanka Navy said it generated Rs. 08 billion in revenue before the operations were given to Avant-Garde.
06. Ex-CEO of SriLankan Airlines Kapila Chandrasena and his wife for their alleged links to a $ 2 million bribe in the SriLankan Airlines re-fleeting deal.
07. USD 6.5 Million payment for a CIA agent by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka
08. New York Times reported that two companies, China Harbour & China Merchants, had made payments to Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Anura Kumara Dissanayake said even before the New York Times reported about it, it was the JVP that exposed how money was moved to the accounts of one Pushpa Rajapaksa.
He also noted that the government that succeeded the Rajapaksa administration was also involved in fraud and corruption.
01. Rs. 11 Billion loss from the 01st Central Bank Treasury Bond Scam.
02. 546 Land Cruiser SUVs were released for a fine of mere Rs. 16 Million from Sri Lanka Customs
03. Million swindled when importing dairy heifers to Sri Lanka.
04. Rs. 04 Billion loss at the Paddy Marketing Board.
05. Millions misappropriated at the Central Cultural Fund and the National Housing Development Authority
While the two governments were responsible for massive fraud and corruption, many schools in Sri Lanka do not even have proper sanitary facilities, he said.
“There are villages across the country that still experience the bitter Human-Elephant conflict while public funds are looted in the millions,” said the JVP Leader adding there are thousands who are victims of the Micro Finance scheme.
The JVP will not stop its struggle against the Ring of Thieves and will not fear any form of intimidation, he stressed while noting that if he was in power, many in Parliament would be spending their time behind bars.
Commenting on the Presidential Commission of Inquiry on Political Victimization, the JVP Leader said the PCoI summoned individuals who were not even considered as public servants for inquiry.
Anura Kumara Dissanayake said he is even ready to reveal more details about scams committed by those in the present government.
27 Oct, 2021 | 11:32 PM
27 Oct, 2021 | 07:09 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]