Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
17 Feb, 2021 | 6:15 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): The Director-General of Health Services confirmed that six (06) COVID-19 deaths were reported in the country on Tuesday (Feb. 16), raising Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 death toll to 409.
The details of the deceased are as follows:
01. A 74-year-old male from Panadura. He died on 27.01.2021 at his residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia.
02. A 40-year-old male fromWila-oya. He was diagnosed as infected with Covid 19 virus and transferred from the Monaragala District Hospital to Kothalawala Defense University Hospital where he died on 13.02.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and multiple organs dysfunction.
03. A 48-year-old male from Piliyandala. He died on 11.02.2021 while receiving treatment at the Panadura Base Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as
multiple complications caused by COVID-19 infection.
04. A 77-year-old male from Kochchikade. He died on 09.02.2021 at his residence. The cause of death is mentioned as stroke with acute COVID-19 infection.
05. A 65-year-old male from Ambalangoda. He died on 15.02.2021 while receiving treatment at the Hambanthota District Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as blood poisoning, Covid pneumonia and acute kidney disease.
06. A 62-year-old male from Nainamadama. He died on 13.02.2021 while receiving treatment at the Marawila Base Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia, acute diabetes and high blood pressure.
Meanwhile, another 756 new positive cases were confirmed in the country on Tuesday (16), raising Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 caseload to 77,184, the Department of Government Information said.
As of Wednesday morning (Feb. 17), there are 6346 active COVID-19 patients receiving treatment, while 70,429 have recovered.
23 Jun, 2021 | 04:09 PM
23 Jun, 2021 | 12:26 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]