Written by Staff Writer
16 Jun, 2019 | 12:06 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Sunday Morning Brief
1. Today marks Poson full moon poya day celebrated around the world by Buddhists.
2. DIG Ajith Rohana noted that for a period of one week that 40-50 protest campaigns are conducted in Colombo and that apart from that 200 protest campaigns are conducted islandwide.
3. Arbitrary procurement processes by the Urban Development Authority for Borella and Thalawathugoda housing schemes.
4. The General Secretary of UNP Akila Viraj Kariyawasam said that the decision on the presidential candidate will be made by the working committee at the appropriate time.
5. The Archbishop of Colombo, His Eminence Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith engaged in a tour of the Zion church in Batticaloa yesterday.
6. Trump administration noted that New Delhi’s purchase of long-range S-400 missile defence system from Russia would limit the cooperation between the US and India.
7. UPFA MP Rohitha Abeygunawardene confidently stated that their candidate Gotabaya Rajapaksa would be the next president.
8. US President Donald Trump condemned Iran for attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, despite Tehran denying their involvement.
9. Former Eastern Province Governor, M. L. M. Hizbullah provided a statement for over eight hours at the Police Terrorist Investigation Division (TID).
10. Former Auditor General Gamini Wijesinghe said that the governments’ daily income is Rs. 5 billion while the expenses are at Rs. 7 billion due to mismanagement.
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]