Written by Staff Writer
19 Feb, 2019 | 8:08 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The second tri-partite special high court is due to be established. It will deal with cases regarding major financial frauds and corruption cases.
2. Minister of Sports Harin Fernando justifying video footage that went viral of the Sri Lanka cricket team after their recent victory noted that it is customary to celebrate after a win since they managed to secure win it after a lot of hardship.
3. MP Vasudeva Nanayakkara states that the court and police are exercising a passive procedure in bringing back the perpetrators of the largest money scam although an international clearance/ warrant was obtained to pursue the matter.
4. JVP Leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake says that Ravi Karunanayake knows secrets of the bond scam.
5. The bus driver of the Mahawewa tragedy that occurred last morning (February 18) has been arrested for excessive speeding. Three people died while 19 others were hospitalized due to the accident.
6. The Department of Surveys is to recalculate the land area of the country in line with the introduction of a new type of map making.
7. Two people have died in a motor accident this morning (February 19). The accident occurred when a three-wheeler collided with a tipper truck carrying sand.
8. A 32-year-old person has been arrested for possessing twenty-five counterfeit Rs. 1000 notes in Malwana.
9. The Pitigala police arrested a person from Naranowita for posting insults against the police on Facebook.
10. Hundreds of demonstrators have marched to the U.S. embassy in Buenos Aires yesterday (February 18) to denounce any possible military intervention by the United States in Venezuela.
HAVE A TUESDAY OF POSSIBILITIES!!
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 AM
03 Mar, 2019 | 07:30 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]