Written by Staff Writer
02 Nov, 2018 | 9:12 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Sri Lankan Rupee further depreciated against the US dollar when the selling rate stood up at Rs. 177.32.
2. The retail price of certain auto fuels have been reduced effective from midnight today (November 01):
3. Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa stated that the President has decided to convene parliament on the 5th of November.
4. A person has been arrested in Negombo while transporting 700g heroin worth Rs. 1 Million in a car.
5. Fifteen Ministers, State Ministers and Deputy Ministers were sworn in at the Presidential Secretariat yesterday (November 01)
6. An import tax of Rs. 40 has been imposed on a kilogram of imported Potatoes and Big Onions.
7. The Executive Committee of the Eisenhower Fellowships Board of Trustees in the US has endorsed the recommendation to present the 2019 Distinguished Fellow Award to the Eisenhower Fellows of Sri Lanka.
8. Speaker Karu Jayasuriya states that the seat reserved for the Prime Minister in Parliament will be allocated for Mahinda Rajapaksa when it convenes.
9. Four new ambassadors who were appointed to Sri Lanka handed over their credentials to President Maithripala Sirisena.
10. Two Sri Lankans arriving from Singapore were arrested at the BIA by customs officials for attempting to smuggle cigarettes worth Rs. 725,000 into the country.
1. Former Maldivian President Mohammed Nasheed returned home to heroes welcome yesterday (November 01).
1. Semi-finals and finals of the 66th National Badminton Championship will be held at Royal College indoor stadium today (November 02).
Cartoon for the day
12 Jan, 2023 | 11:59 AM
13 Dec, 2022 | 09:26 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]