Written by Nathasha De Alwis
19 Sep, 2018 | 7:04 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Times of India reported that the State-owned Airports Authority of India will develop the Palaly Airport in Sri Lanka.
2. MP’s who support the 20th amendment are to receive Rs. 300 million, an allegation by Former MP Sarath Wijesekara.
3. Exchange rate further depreciates to Rs. 166.64 per dollar.
4. Former Prisons Commissioner Emil Ranjan Lamahewa and IP Neomal Rangajeewa who are suspects of the 2012 Welikada Prison Riot, further remanded until the 02nd of October.
5. The petition filed under contempt of court against Northern Province Chief Minister C.V. Wigneswaran and Northern Province Ministers Ananthi Sasitharan and P. Sivanesan was postponed to 16th of October for further deliberations.
6. Four elephants died after being struck by a train transporting fuel from Kolonnawa to Batticaloa.
7. A silent vigil was held at the Independence square in Colombo yesterday (September 18) in support of Mohamed Kamer Nilar Nizamdeen who has been detained on charges of alleged connection to terrorism offences in Sydney.
8. Two more suspects aged 24 and 32 have been arrested in connection to a murder that occurred near the Arawwala temple on the 07th of September.
9. Scholarships awarded to the students who pass the grade 5 scholarship examination to be doubled.
10. Two Police Constables died following an accident which took place at the Anuradhapura – Padeniya road in Galgamuwa.
1. Argentina’s former president Cristina Fernandez was indicted on Monday (September 17) on charges that her administration accepted bribes from construction companies in exchange for public works contracts.
1. Sri Lanka ODI skipper Angelo Mathews has apologized to cricket fans for the defeats that the Sri Lankan team faced at the hands of Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
16 Oct, 2018 | 04:20 PM
16 Oct, 2018 | 02:42 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]