Written by Lethonkie Fernando
14 Aug, 2018 | 7:17 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. A sum of US $ 39 million in Foreign Military Financing is to be made available to Sri Lanka by the US. The funding is expected to contribute to the Bay of Bengal initiative, Sri Lanka’s humanitarian assistance, and disaster response priorities.
2. Pressing concerns have arisen due to provisions 70 and 71 of the Singapore FTA which legitimately provides the ability for the disposal of radioactive waste in Sri Lanka.
3. Maritime Environment Protection Authority (MEPA) confirms the mounting clinical waste in the coastal areas of Puttalam has washed ashore from India. 50 – 60kg of such medical waste has been accumulated on the shore.
4. Group of female inmates launch protest atop the Welikada prison roof against a number of transfers that had taken place to prevent abuse occurring in prisons.
5. Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne announces the appointment of 1300 family health officers with immediate effect.
6. Special discussions held to utilize the cost-effective drone technology for agricultural purposes.
7. Special police teams deployed to investigate into murder plot of Sri Lankan racing driver, Dilantha Malagamuwa following a complaint lodged by the latter on a possible death threat.
8. Former Sri Lankan cricket captain, Kumar Sangakkara denies his entry to politics through the elections in 2020.
9. Prashan De Visser has been named the Queens Point of Light for Sri Lanka. He is the second Sri Lankan to be awarded the title.
10. Sri Lanka Railways have decided to reimburse the money paid for pre-booked tickets which couldn’t be used due to the railway strike.
23 May, 2019 | 08:50 PM
31 Jan, 2019 | 04:21 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]