Written by Staff Writer
20 Dec, 2015 | 11:36 am
The Foreign Employment Bureau says that it will not take responsibility for Sri Lankans who go overseas for employment purposes, without registering with the Bureau.
Upul Deshapriya, Media Spokeperson of the Foreign Employment Bureau, said that many persons who had not previously registered with the bureau were harassed and abused in different countries.
He added that there were several others who reported to have been disabled or murdered. Upul Deshapriya further added that despite the intervention by the Foreign Employment Bureau, these incidents still occur.
He said that the licences of those encouraging Sri Lankans to seek foreign employment illegally, will be cancelled.
Due to this situation, Deshapriya requested that from January 1, those seeking foreign employment are required to register with the Foreign Employment Bureau.
16 Dec, 2020 | 08:23 AM
24 Mar, 2020 | 07:43 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]