Torch explodes in Balangoda home

Torch explodes in Balangoda home

Written by Staff Writer

02 May, 2014 | 2:21 pm

Three people were injured when a torch exploded in a house in Balangoda on Friday morning.

Police Media Spokesperson SSP Ajith Rohana said that the explosion took place when the torch was switched on.

The incident occurred this morning when a fourteen-year-old child picked up a torch which was lying on the floor of the house and handed it to her father. The torch had subsequently exploded when he switched it on.

The explosion caused injuries to a female aged twenty four, her father and brother.

According to our correspondent the mother was engaged in morning prayers at the time of the incident. The injured were admitted to the Balangoda Hospital and were later transferred to the Ratnapura General Hospital for further treatment.

Police said that it is suspected that the torch was configured to explode upon switching it on.

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]