Written by Staff Writer
12 Apr, 2019 | 9:38 am
Colombo (News 1st) –
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. Mangala B. Yapa was appointed as the new Chairman of Sri Lanka Board of Investment.
2. MP Mahinda Amaraweera stated that discussions with SLPP is not a failure and that there will be another discussion on 10th. The objective of it is to combine the two political parties.
3. Non-Cabinet Minister of Digital Infrastructure and Information Technology Ajith P. Perera stated that MP Dayasiri Jayasekara has said that the President should calculate his 5-year term correctly. He further noted that UNP does not have a problem with it.
4. Six people were injured in an accident that took place in Mahawela, Matale. Police noted the accident occurred last afternoon (April 11) when a van collided onto a lorry.
5. During a media briefing in Colombo yesterday (April 11) MP Bandula Gunawardana stated that a no-confidence motion will be brought against Finance Minister Mangala Samaraweera.
6. Parliamentarian S.B. Dissanayake noted that Thilanga, Lakshman, Wasantha and Dilan and himself were few of MPs who worked towards forming a government with Mahinda as the Prime Minister and this group of MPs held a different view in the party and supported the Mahinda- Maithri unison.
7. The Ministry of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development Dilip Wedaarachchi stated that twenty-0ne Sri Lankan fishermen who were arrested in the Maldives will be back in the island for the festive season.
8. The court ordered yesterday (April 11), to further remand the nine Iranians who are under arrest for drug trafficking until the 23rd of this month.
9. Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange was arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
10. The Police stated that special operations will be carried out from yesterday (April 11) to arrest motorists driving under the influence. The Excise Department noted that the liquor shops will be closed across the country on the 13th and 14th of this month.
22 Jan, 2020 | 01:22 PM
06 Dec, 2019 | 10:41 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]