Written by Lethonkie Fernando
21 Jan, 2019 | 7:33 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The State Minister of Finance Eran Wickramaratne said that cabinet has granted approval to raise $2 Billion through sovereign bonds.
2. Four police teams have been tasked to investigate the shooting that occurred last evening (January 20) in Jampatta, Colombo.
3. The Department of Agriculture appointed three district-level committees to address the spread of the Sena caterpillar.
4. Six people lost their lives in an accident when their vehicle collided with a lorry in Nainamaduwa, Wennapuwa yesterday (January 20).
5. Three people including a 15-year-old child died in motor accidents reported from Narammala, Kurunegala and Piliyandala.
6. A 58-year-old person was killed in an elephant attack in Kiliweddi, Seru Nuwara this morning (January 21).
7. The Department of Meteorology has forecasted fairly cold weather in most parts of the island in the morning and night.
8. The National drug eradication week focusing on schools begins from today (January 21).
9. Today marks 72 years since the birth of local cinematography.
10. Two extraordinary gazettes have been issued revising the state institutions allocated under several cabinet and non-cabinet ministers.
HAVE AN EXTRAORDINARY MONDAY!
17 May, 2019 | 06:30 AM
15 Mar, 2019 | 08:07 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]