Written by Lethonkie Fernando
13 Aug, 2018 | 8:56 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Following discussions held with the President, railway trade unions decided to call off their strike yesterday (August 12). Train services are expected to normalize by the evening today (August 13).
2. Operations of the Medical, Dental and Agriculture faculty of the Peradeniya University reopens today (August 13).
3. 400 houses named as “Mahathmagahandipuram” constructed under Indian aid in Pudalu Oya was vested with the public yesterday (August 12).
4. A person impersonating a monk arrested in Ahungalla for defrauding a sum of over Rs 80 million.
5. 4,130 unemployed graduates to receive their trainee appointments on the 20th August.
6. Joint Opposition MP Gamini Lokuge disclosed a sum of Rs 200,000 been paid as transport allowance to 55 legislators assigned to monitor development projects.
7. Joint opposition plans to act as independent MP’s in Parliament following a failed attempt to capture the post of opposition leader.
8. Railway ticket fares are due to be increased by 15 %. A departmental loss of Rs 64 million has been incurred due to the train strike that ended yesterday. (August 12)
9. Ministry of Justice and Prisons Reforms has taken a decision to form a special Police Unit to replace the Prison Intelligence and Security Unit that was dissolved earlier.
10. Following the sighting of the new moon, Muslims in Sri Lanka will be celebrating the Hajj festival on the 22nd of this month.
1. NASA launched the Parker Solar Probe on Sunday (August 12) aiming to reach the closest to the sun than any other spacecraft before it.
1. Sri Lanka claimed a 178 run victory against South Africa at the 5th and last ODI that was held yesterday (August 12).
19 Oct, 2019 | 08:51 AM
19 Oct, 2019 | 10:02 PM
19 Oct, 2019 | 09:54 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]