Written by Nathasha De Alwis
10 Aug, 2018 | 9:07 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Samurdhi officers launched a protest on the access road to parliament in response to the failure of the current government to implement the Samurdhi Officer’s pension scheme.
2. Addressing the launch of the program to plant 100,000 ayurvedic plants the President stated that if officials think that strike actions hurt the government, it does not, it only hurts the innocents.
3. Beneficial Owner of Perpetual Treasuries Limited Arjun Aloysius and its CEO Kasun Palisena have been further remanded until the 23rd of August after being produced before the Fort Magistrate.
4. President Maithripala Sirisena declared open the ‘Bosath Mapiya Sevana’ built-in Ethagama, Kalutara to provide shelter to the parents who gave up their children for the benefit of Buddha Sasana.
5. The National Transport Commission(NTC) stated sufficient buses have been allocated to fulfill transport needs due to the ongoing train strikes.
6. The strike launched by the Government printers employees union has been temporarily called off.
7. Two 16-year-old students who were assaulted by their tuition master was admitted to the Balangoda base Hospital.
8. All faculties of the Rajarata University have been closed for a duration of three weeks due to the spread of Chickenpox among students.
9. Three suspects, including a woman, have been arrested for smuggling Heroin during police raids in Wellampitiya, Borella, and Maharagama.
10. Parliamentarian Wimalaweera Dissanayake addressing the Parliament yesterday (August 09) expressed his support for the MP salary increment.
19 Jan, 2019 | 05:45 PM
18 Jan, 2019 | 09:03 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]