Written by Staff Writer
02 Aug, 2018 | 7:21 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Ministry of Finance has increased the excise tax imposed on cigarettes by Rs. 3.80. Thereby the price of a cigarette has increased by Rs 5.
2. The duty on vehicles with an engine capacity below 1000cc has been increased.
3. The tenure of the Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCOI) appointed to investigate irregularities at SriLankan Airlines, Mihin Lanka & SriLankan catering was extended by five months.
4. The People’s Bank in a clarification regarding the News 1st exposé states that they have invested Rs. 500 million in debentures in 2015 issued by MTD Walkers PLC at an interest rate of 9.75% and the approval had been granted after earning ratio of the investors were compared.
5. Commonwealth Secretary-General Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC arrived in the island yesterday (August 01) for a 4-day official visit.
1. Violence in Zimbabwe’s protests escalated on Wednesday (August 1) after troops were deployed to quell protests over this week’s presidential election.
2. Clashes broke out in Santiago Wednesday (August 1), as student protesters took to the streets to voice their opposition to the conservative government’s youth labor project.
1. Sri Lanka suffers its second defeat at the hands of the Proteas yesterday (August 1st) as the hosts failed to defend 244 runs in the second ODI outing of the series, which was played in Dambulla.
30 Jun, 2022 | 08:57 PM
30 Jun, 2022 | 08:33 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]