Written by Teena Marian
16 Feb, 2022 | 11:05 am
COLOMBO (News 1st); Wednesday (16) is the 2nd day of the 43rd Annual Navam Perahera of the Hunupitiya Gangarama Temple in Colombo.
The Navam Perahera of the Hunupitiya Gangaramaya Temple has a special place among the Buddhist festivals in the country.
This year’s procession has been organized with the blessings of Dr. Kirinde Assaji Thero, the Chief Incumbent of the Gangarama Temple, and the Maha Sangha.
The casket with sacred relics was placed on the main Tusker by Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, following religious observances on the first day of the procession.
The Nawam Maha Perahera will parade the streets at 7:00 tonight.
A special traffic plan will be in place in view of the Navam Perahera of the Hunupitiya Gangaramaya Temple.
Traffic will be restricted on several roads from 5pm until the conclusion of the Perahera.
1. Entry to James Peiris Mawatha from Piththala Junction
2. Entry to W.A.D. Ramanayake Mawatha from Hunupitiya Cross Road junction at Dharmapala Mawatha
3. Entry to Park Street from Park Street junction at Dharmapala Mawatha
4. Entry to W.A.D. Ramanayake Mawatha and Braybrooke Roundabout from Park Street
5. Entry to Park Street from Hyde Park Corner junction at Braybrook Place
6. Entry to Braybrooke Place from Muttiah Road junction on Staple Street
7. Entry to Braybrooke Place from Dawson Street junction at Union Place
8. Entry to Hyde Park Corner from Union Place
9. Entry to Jinarathana Mawatha and Ramanayake Mawatha
junction at Park Street from Braybrooks roundabout
10. Entry to Dawson Street from Union Place
11. Entry to Staple Street from Union Place
12. Entry to James Peiris Road from Slave Island junction
13. Entry to Muttiah Road junction from Nawam Mawatha junction on James Peiris Mawatha
14. Entry to Rotunda Gardens junction from Perahera Mawatha
15. Entry to James Peiris Mawatha from Perahera Mawatha
16. Entry to James Peiris Mawatha from Hunupitiya Cross Road junction at Ramanayake Mawatha
16 Aug, 2022 | 05:18 PM
25 Jul, 2022 | 03:47 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]