Written by Zulfick Farzan
28 Jan, 2022 | 5:08 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st): Sri Lanka Police said vehicular movement along several roads in Colombo would be restricted from Saturday (29) to 4th February 2022, for Independence Day rehearsals and the 74th Independence Day.
Sri Lanka Police said Independence Day rehearsals will take place from 7 AM to 2 PM daily from 29th January to 3rd February.
The 74th Independence Day celebrations will take place from 6 AM on the 4th of February, said Sri Lanka Police.
Vehicular movement along the following roads will be restricted:
1. Marcus Fernando Mawatha – From Cambridge Place Junction to Albert Cresent (Nanda Motors)
2. Library Junction towards Glass House
3. Library Junction towards Ananda Coomaraswamy Mawatha (Green Path)
4. Dharmapala Mawatha towards F.R. Senanayake Mawatha
5. De Soyza roundabout towards C.W.W.Kannangara Mawatha
6. F.R. Senanayake Mawatha towards C. W. W. Kannangara Mawatha
7. Wijerama Mawatha towards C.W.W.Kannangara Mawatha through Rosmead Place
8. Wijerama Mawatha towards C.W.W.Kannangara Mawatha through Barnes Place
9. Horton Place towards Maitland Crescent through Wijerama Mawatha
10. Wijerama Mawatha towards Maitland Crescent through Sir. R. G. Senanayake Mawatha
11. Horton Place towards Horton Roundabout through Maitland Crescent
12. Sir. R. G. Senanayake Mawatha towards Maitland Crescent
13. Wijerama Mawatha towards Vidya Mawatha through Vidya Mawatha Junction
14. Vidya Mawatha towards Maitland Crescent
15. Bauddhaloka Mawatha (via R. F. P. Junction) towards Maitland Crescent
16. Bauddhaloka Mawatha (via Torrington Junction) towards Premakeerthi De Alwis Mawatha
17. Premakeerthi De Alwis Mawatha towards Independence Avenue
18. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha towards Foundation Mawatha
19. Sri Lanka Foundation Institute towards Independence Square
20. Foundation Mawatha towards Independence Avenue
21. Entry to Maitland Crescent, Nanda Motors, and Independence Avenue via Independence Roundabout.
Alternative Routes to Enter and Exit Colombo:
1. Vehicles traveling to Colombo along Galle Road via Colpetty Junction can proceed to Liberty Roundabout, Dharmapala Mawatha, Pittala Junction, Red Cross Junction, Lipton Circus, and then proceed to Union Place, Ward Place, and Deans Road.
2. Vehicles traveling to Colombo along Havelock Road from Thummulla Junction can proceed to Thurstan Road, Flower Road, Ananda Coomaraswamy Mawatha, Pittala Junction, and then enter James Peiris Mawatha and Dharmapala Mawatha.
3. Vehicles using Horton Place can proceed to Wijerama Junction, turn right to Ward Place, Zoysa Roundabout, and then move to Dharmapala Mawatha, union Place, and Deans Place.
4. Vehicles heading to Dharmapala Mawatha, Union Place, or Deans Road via the Zoysa Roundabout can use Ward Place from Borella.
Sri Lanka Police requested the general public to refer to the following maps to ensure they avoid any inconvenience.
21 May, 2022 | 04:14 PM
20 May, 2022 | 07:43 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]