Written by Zulfick Farzan
15 Aug, 2021 | 6:11 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); Colombo Mayor Rosy Senanayake has appealed from Colombo residents and those visiting the city to strictly adhere to the health guidelines that are in place.
In a statement she said that Sri Lanka is at a critical point in the battle against the spread of Covid-19 adding “It’s no secret that number of Covid patients and related fatalities are at the highest levels since the epidemic hit us.”
She appealed residents and visitors to Colombo to do the following, over the next few weeks.
– Get yourself vaccinated if not already done so.
– Wear a well-fitting mask or even a double mask whenever out of home. Sanitize often and maintain social distancing at all times.
– Do not leave home unless absolutely necessary. Check if the service you need is available online. For example, many services related to the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC), are available online.
– When you do leave home minimize the time spent away from home.
– Do not permit any visitors to your home unless absolutely necessary.
– The government is permitting certain activities so that essential work can be continued. Do not take it as an opportunity to undertake any activities other than what is absolutely necessary.
– It is alarming to see many business establishments, including but not limited to, restaurants, hotels, shops, and supermarkets, openly ignoring health guidelines on crowding, temperature checks, and contact info gathering. This is reckless disregard of customer and employee safety, and completely unacceptable. Fancy statements on corporate social responsibility amount to nothing if you do not step up now!
– Businesses also should encourage employees to work from home unless it’s absolutely necessary to be physically present at work. In such instances they should try to provide a mode of transport for the individual that minimizes exposure.
– Furthermore, employees may take unnecessary risks due to concerns about losing their jobs. It is incumbent on the employer not to create that work environment.
21 Sep, 2021 | 11:27 PM
21 Sep, 2021 | 05:55 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]