Written by Staff Writer
30 Jul, 2021 | 8:10 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); The Executive Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket on Friday (30) decided to impose a fine of Rs. 10 Million each as disciplinary action against Danushka Gunathilake, Kusal Mendis and Niroshan Dikwella.
The three cricketers were charged with the following allegations :
1. Breaching Covid-19 safety guidelines, instructions & regulations of the team
Management and by the said act putting into jeopardy the safety of said
players, fellow team members and others involved in the said tour, and;
2. Violating the instructions & regulations of the team Management with regard
to the team curfew by failing to be at the hotel room by 10.30 p.m.,
3. By such actions, bringing disrepute to Sri Lanka Cricket and the Country.
The Executive Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket decided unanimously to impose the following punitary measures on the said, three players :
1. A fine of Sri Lanka Rupees 10 Million for each player.
2. A One year Ban from all forms of International Cricket and a Six months ban
from Domestic Cricket.
3. Upon completion of the said one year Ban, each player will be subjected to a
further ban of one year from playing international Cricket which will be
suspended for a period of two years.
4. Mandatory Counselling under a Doctor recommended by the SLC
16 Sep, 2021 | 01:39 PM
30 Jul, 2021 | 01:27 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]