Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
09 Mar, 2021 | 6:02 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): The Director-General of Health Services confirmed that FIVE (05) COVID-19 deaths were reported in the country on Monday (Mar. 08), raising Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 death toll to 507.
The details of the deceased are as follows:
01. A 72-year-old female from Anuradhapura. She died on 20.02.2021 while receiving treatment at Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia, asthma, high blood pressure, and acute diabetes.
02. A 19-year-old female from Hemmathagama. She died on 06.03.2021 while receiving treatment at Kandy General Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and a tumor.
03. A 51-year-old female from Durga Town. She was diagnosed as infected with COVID-19 and transferred from a private hospital in Colombo to Kothalawala Defence Hospital, where she died on 08.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and multiple organ dysfunction.
04. A 78-year-old male from Colombo 06. He was diagnosed as infected with the COVID-19 virus while receiving treatment at a private hospital in Colombo and transferred to IDH, where he died on 07.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as a shock due to blood poisoning, acute kidney damage, Covid pneumonia, and acute diabetes.
05. A 59-year-old female from Ja-Ela. She was diagnosed as infected with COVID-19 while receiving treatment at a Colombo General Hospital and transferred to Homagama Base Hospital, where she died on 08.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia.
Meanwhile, another 157 new positive cases were reported on Monday (Mar. 08), raising the COVID-19 caseload in the country to 86,039, the Department of Government Information said.
As of Tuesday (Mar. 09), there are 3,024 active patients receiving treatment, while 82,513 have recovered.
15 Apr, 2021 | 09:22 AM
14 Apr, 2021 | 05:04 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]