Written by Reuters
07 Feb, 2020 | 10:23 am
REUTERS – Tokyo Olympics organisers have set up a task force to coordinate with public health authorities on how to respond to the growing coronavirus epidemic.
Tokyo 2020 CEO Toshiro Muto said at a press briefing on Thursday (February 6) that he chaired the newly created Novel Coronavirus Countermeasures Task Force, which held its first meeting on Feb. 4. A second briefing would be held as early as tomorrow, he added.
Muto said on Wednesday (February 5) that the coronavirus spread could throw “cold water” over the 2020 Games momentum. At Thursday’s briefing, he pledged that the event “would go on as planned.”
International Paralympic Committee spokesman Craig Spence, who also attended the briefing on Thursday said the virus spread had “minimal impact on the game’s preparations” so far, and the games will be held as planned.
22 Feb, 2020 | 05:20 PM
12 Feb, 2020 | 08:41 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]