Written by Staff Writer
08 Nov, 2019 | 6:48 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. A vessel carrying 3600 metric tonnes of gas imported by Litro Gas Lanka Ltd reached the Port of Colombo last morning (November 7).
2. A 40 kilometre stretch of the Southern Expressway, from Baravakumbuka to Hambantota, was declared open yesterday (November 7) by the Chairman of the Road Development Authority Nihal Sooriyarachchi.
3. The United States has welcomed the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers to approve the $480 million Millennium Challenge Corporation development assistance grant.
4. “I must state that I will not harm the sovereignty, political freedom, territorial integrity, and unitary status of the country” – Presidential candidate Sajith Premadasa reassures that he will not do anything that will harm the unitary status of the country.
5. The Sri Lanka Army headquarters that was constructed with modern luxurious infrastructure in Akuregoda, Battaramulla will be opened by President Maithripala Sirisena.
6. The Department of Registering Persons states that temporary identity cards will be issued for over 300,000 voters before the 10th of this month.
7. Election monitors state that illegal election propaganda and hate comments spreading through social media is on the rise. Presently 100 such complaints have been recorded.
8. A 39-year-old person has been shot dead in a restaurant in Galagedara, Padukka by two unknown gunmen. The deceased individual is a resident of Galagedara.
9. The National Building Research Organization states that the size of the dust particles in the atmosphere in many areas around Colombo has gradually decreased.
10. All parties in the TNA have agreed to support Sajith Premadasa, the presidential candidate of the New Democratic Front.
Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you!
17 Jun, 2021 | 02:13 PM
14 Apr, 2021 | 12:44 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]