Written by Staff Writer
06 Nov, 2019 | 7:30 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. All Presidential Candidates and secretaries of the parties contesting the elections have been summoned to the Election Commission today, for a meeting with the Chairman of the Election Commission Mahinda Deshapriya.
2. The Government press has stated, all ballot papers of the presidential election have been handed over to the Election Commission.
3. Former Parliamentarian Sajin De Vaas Gunawardena revealed a death threat he received at a media briefing held in Kotte.
4. The government rejects claims made by the Bar Association of Sri Lanka and said the MCC was not signed yesterday (November 5).
5. Thirty people were injured following a head-on collision between a tipper truck and a private bus in Thanamalvila.
6. Police media spokesperson SSP Ruwan Gunasekara noted that 44 people have been arrested thus far, for election-related offences.
7. Police media spokesperson SSP Ruwan Gunasekara noted that 35,700 suspects have been arrested for drug trafficking during the past 10 months.
8. Five suspects in possession of counterfeit currency were arrested in Boralesgamuwa.
9. The Department of Railways said 4 special trains will be added to the existing service to accommodate passengers for the upcoming extended weekend.
10. Puttalam district UNP MP Shantha Sisira Kumara has been remanded until the 15th of this month for violating bail conditions.
28 Nov, 2022 | 09:56 AM
28 Nov, 2022 | 09:10 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]