Written by Nathasha De Alwis
15 Aug, 2019 | 6:34 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Department of Agriculture states that 4362 hectares of paddy land have been destroyed due to the drought.
2. The Cabinet of Ministers approved the proposal presented by the Minister of Finance to postpone the budget for the year 2020 and prepare a Vote on Account for the first four months of 2020 and obtain parliamentary approval.
3. Speaking about the Presidential Candidate of the SLPP MP Sarath Fonseka notes that SLPP has considered national security when selecting their candidate and agreed that it was the right decision.
4. Badulla hospital authorities say that the consignment of hospital waste which is stored at the Sathosa store in Badulla will be destroyed within the next three days using hygienic methods.
5. Turning a new page in the history of Sri Lanka the Mahanayake’s of the Amarapura and Ramayana sects have agreed to combine the two sects.
6. Two garbage trucks which were headed to Aruwakkalu terminal from Colombo had collided with each other in Madurankuliya, Puttalam.
7. A wild elephant which was believed to have been shot and wounded in Akurambada, Matale succumbed to its injuries.
8. Commander of Sri Lanka Army Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake visits the Nallur Kandasamy Kovil in Jaffna to assure the security status surrounding the annual festival.
9. The Presidential Commission to Investigate Fraud and Corruption in Public Institutions has commenced investigations into the fraudulent use of state funds, which were provided to Delft Island in Jaffna, by the Divisional Secretariat.
10. A special dengue eradication program is to be implemented today and tomorrow in the Gampaha District.
21 Feb, 2020 | 09:16 PM
21 Feb, 2020 | 08:17 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]