Written by Staff Writer
13 Jun, 2019 | 6:56 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Thursday Morning Brief
1. MP Wimal Weerawansa says that US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo is suddenly visiting Sri Lanka to sign the SOFA and the ACSA agreements.
2. MP Mahindananda Aluthgamage stated that the Speaker is currently attempting to use the legislature as a tool to build up his image and that of the UNP.
3. 180 students Dehiwatta Maha Vidyalaya in Trincomalee study in a dilapidated building under constant fear of the building crashing over them.
4. The Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna carried out a protest opposite the Fort Railway Station demanding the government to step down.
5. Secretary of the Jathika Hela Urumaya Patali Champika Ranawaka requested the cabinet to convene immediately.
6. The Government Medical Officers’ Association has commenced a protest against Health Minister, Dr Rajitha Senaratne demanding his arrest.
7. The driving license of a Gampaha – Colombo private bus driver was suspended for life by Gampaha Additional Magistrate Manjula Karunaratne for driving under the influence of liquor.
8. The Supreme Court today ordered the Attorney General to file charges against State Minister Ranjan Ramanayke, within a month, for contempt of court.
9. Despite the attempt to launch an island-wide strike by several JSS employees of the SLTB, majority of the SLTB depots carried out their services as usual.
10. All the liquor shops in the Anuradhapura district will be closed from today (June 13) onwards, until the conclusion of the Poson week (June 19).
Doing is a quantum leap from imagining
14 Dec, 2019 | 12:10 AM
13 Dec, 2019 | 11:55 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]