Written by Staff Writer
18 Jan, 2019 | 10:00 am
Colombo (News1st) –
1. The Police Media Unit noted that the CID arrested four suspects with a large haul of explosives and detonators in Wanathavilluwa, Puttalam. The seized explosives weighed over 100kg while 100 detonators were also seized.
2. German authorities arrest a suspected member of the LTTE alleged to have been involved in the 2005 assassination of Sri Lankan foreign minister Lakshman Kadirgamar.
3. Former Defence Secretary, Gotabaya Rajapaksa stated that he can decide whether to keep or relinquish the US citizenship and that they (USA) cannot curtail the rights of anyone for any reason.
4. The President appoints a Presidential Commission to investigate into the irregularities said to have taken place at state institutions during the period between 14th of January 2015 and 31st of December 2018.
5. President Maithripala Sirisena signs three loan agreements totaling USD 455 million at the ADB Head Office in Manila, Philippines
6. Sabaragamuwa University, medical faculty declared open by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe amid student protests.
7. A special investigation team from Bangladesh arrives in the country to question arrested heroin suspects.
8.SriLankan Airlines incurred a loss of Rs. 1.72 billion between 2006 and 2018 due to its failure to return 14 leased aircraft to their respective lessors before the deadline.
9. The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) presented a progress report on the investigation into the assassination of journalist Lasantha Wickremetunge to courts yesterday (January 17).
10. The Ministry of Finance and Mass Media states that the carbon tax will be imposed on all vehicles including those owned by the state. However, electric vehicles will be exempted from this tax.
22 Mar, 2019 | 01:03 PM
22 Mar, 2019 | 12:39 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]