Written by Lethonkie Fernando
15 Jan, 2019 | 8:44 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Director of Verite Research Nishan De Mel said that nearly 50% of Sri Lanka’s total external debt is held by international financial markets and sovereign bonds whilst loans from China amount to only 15% of the entire external debt.
2. The Government Analyst department states that a report on the voice samples obtained from the IGP yesterday (January 14) will be submitted to courts within a month.
3. The road from the entrance of the new Kelaniya bridge to the Kelanitissa roundabout will be closed from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm today (January 15) due to construction work on the new Kelani bridge.
4. A team of Bangladesh police officers will arrive in the country tomorrow (January 16) to investigate the large haul of heroin seized in Dehiwela recently.
5. The Department of Prisons will allow relatives of Tamil prisoners to visit them from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm due to the Thaipongal festival today (January 15).
6. A senior official of SATHOSA has been arrested over forged educational certificates by the Colombo Fraud Investigation Bureau.
7. The Department of Meteorology forecasted high wind speeds across the island and coastal regions from tomorrow (January 16).
8. The wildlife department stated that tickets to enter the National parks could be bought through their website www.dwc.gov.lk from today (January 15).
9. A delegation including the Minister of Finance is currently in Washington DC to meet with the IMF to discuss the final tranche of the extended loan facility.
10. Hindu devotees island wide celebrate the Thai Pongal festival today (January 15).
HAPPY THAI PONGAL!!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]