Written by Staff Writer
02 Jan, 2019 | 9:06 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Colombo Chief Magistrate Lanka Jayaratne granted bail to both Arjun Aloysius the owner of Perpetual Treasuries Limited and its CEO Kasun Palisena last evening (January 01). The duo were released on cash bails of Rs. 1 million each, four surety bails of Rs. 2 million each and a travel ban.
2. The operations director of the Anti-Corruption force Namal Kumara arrived at the FCID yesterday (January 01) to lodge a complaint on the alleged irregularities in granting fertilizer subsidies.
3. Addressing an event held in Polonnaruwa yesterday (January 01), President Maithripala Sirisena promised to remove any legal barriers that hinder authorities from conducting drug raids before February.
4. The first cabinet meeting for the new year will convene this morning (January 02) at the President’s office.
5. The Inspector General of Police noted that 744kg of heroin have been taken into police custody in 2018.
6. Two motorcyclists yesterday (January 01) shot and wounded an individual in Jampettah, Kotahena.
7. The Central Bank of Sri Lanka announced the availability of new coins issued in line with the new year.
8. The Ministry of Education noted that admission of students to Grade 1 will begin on the 16th of January.
9. In a weather advisory, the Department of Meteorology noted that the southern seas extending from Matara to Pottuvil may be rough as wind speeds in the region are expected to be 50-60 kmph.
10. The Thimbirigasyaya divisional secretariat will be equipped to handle the renewal of revenue licenses of the Western province with effect from today (January 02).
HAVE A RENEWED WEDNESDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]