Written by Staff Writer
04 Dec, 2018 | 10:00 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Court of Appeal yesterday (December 03) issued an interim injunction halting functions of Mahinda Rajapaksa as Prime Minister. The interim injunction further ruled out the functions of the Ministers as well.
2. UNP MP Ranjan Ramanayake was given notice yesterday (December 03) to appear before the Supreme Court over charges of contempt of court.
3. The meeting held between the President and the UNF yesterday (December 03) ended in a deadlock.
4. Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa stated that he will appeal the interim injunction issued by the court of appeal yesterday (December 03).
5. The Plantation Workers Association announced that they will launch a strike with effect from today (December 04) since their requests were ignored.
6. A special convention of the SLFP representatives chaired by the President will be held today (December 05).
7. One person has died in a motor collision in Kathaluwa, Ahangama.
8. The Met Department forecasts heavy showers exceeding 75 mm to several areas of the Western, Central, Sabaragamuwa and the Galle and Matara districts.
9. A new train engine and a power set with two luxury compartments landed at the Colombo harbour yesterday (December 03).
10. The Health Sector stated that 10 people in Polonnaruwa have died within the last three weeks due to Yellow fever.
HAVE A HEALTHY TUESDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]