Written by Lethonkie Fernando
24 Nov, 2018 | 9:23 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Several area in Colombo district will experience an 18 hour water cut from 8.00 am today (November 24).
2. At the parliamentary sessions yesterday (November 23), the selection committee was nominated by Speaker Karu Jayasuriya with 121 votes cast in favour and zero votes against. All members of the ruling party staged a walk-out protest at prior to the voting process.
3. The Ministry of Education is to hand over uniform materials in place of vouchers for all school students on the 15th of January 2019.
4. Two tragic deaths were reported yesterday from Mahinyanganaya (November 23). Children aged 8 and 11 died in an elephant attack.
5. Four suspects were apprehended yesterday at the BIA for smuggling Gold valued at over Rs. 14 million.
6. An 18 year old fishermen that had fared out to sea from Bubulawaththa, Beruwala was reported missing.
7. The Ceylon Teachers Union charge that the fees to teachers and other officials for marking test papers of the 2018 G.C.E. A/L examination has not yet been paid.
8. According to the latest weather advisory issued by the Met Department this morning (November 24) there is a high possibility for thundershowers in the afternoon.
9. JVP Leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake made a statement yesterday (November 23) that a motion to dissolve parliament will be brought in as soon as the constitutional coup has been resolved.
10. Sri Lanka Customs stated that issues have arisen due to the failure of several trading companies to update their computers in line with the updated computer system.
HAVE AN UPDATED SATURDAY!!
05 Jul, 2019 | 06:50 AM
16 Jun, 2019 | 12:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]