Written by Lahiru Fernando
26 Oct, 2018 | 10:40 am
1. The Gohagoda garbage dump along the banks of Mahaweli River is on the verge of collapsing.
2. Kasun Palisena and Arjun Aloysius have been remanded again till the 8th of November.
3. The former head of the Terrorism Investigation Division DIG Nalaka de Silva has been remanded until the 7th of November.
4. Six spill gates of the Weheragala reservoir have been opened due to heavy rainfall.
5. Skeletal remains have been found in an abandoned house in Wellawa Railway Station
6. A pregnant wild elephant died after being hit by a van in Mahamorakanda, along the Habarana-Trincomalee road.
7. The Special Task Force will provide security to the Welikada Prison, Colombo Remand Prison, and Magazine Prison.
8. Speaker Karu Jayasuriya has informed Parliament that 8 petitions have been filed with the Supreme Court against the Counter-Terrorism Bill.
9. Employees of the Inland Revenue Department staged a protest to express their opposition against the appointment of a new commissioner general.
10. Min. Mahinda Samarasinghe said the MOU signed with India in 2017 does not specify that they will develop the eastern terminal.
1. Google has sacked 48 people including 13 senior managers over sexual harassment claims since 2016.
1. Four-time F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton wants to tie up his fifth world title with a victory in Sunday’s Mexican Grand Prix, despite needing only a seventh place. He is 70 points ahead of Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel with only 75 available in the final three races.
07 Dec, 2019 | 07:07 PM
04 Dec, 2019 | 10:10 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]first.lk