Written by Nathasha De Alwis
12 Oct, 2018 | 9:30 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Sri Lankan Rupee touched a fresh low against the dollar with the Central Bank selling rate fixed at Rs. 172.90 yesterday (October 11).
2. The Constitutional Council will convene at 12 PM today (October 12) at the Parliamentary Complex to appoint a new Chief Justice.
3. Seychelles will release all Sri Lankan fishermen who were arrested by them for poaching in their waters.
4. Sri Lanka Air Force deployed a Bell 212 helicopter to douse a fire that broke out at a leading apparel store in Pelawatte, Battaramulla.
5. Over 2,200 social media related complaints have been received so far this year, 80% of it was on fake Facebook profiles, says Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
6. Ten accused who were found guilty of killing six members from the same family at Angunakolapelessa in 1998, were sentenced to death by the Tangalle High Court.
7. Customs officials arrested three individuals including a woman while attempting to smuggle approximately 2.5 Kg of gold into the country.
8. Court of Appeal dismisses the revision bail application filed on behalf of PTL’s Arjun Aloysius and Kasun Palisena.
9. Supreme Court reaffirmed the death penalty imposed on Duminda Silva over the murder of Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra.
10. An individual engaged in vehicle racketing was arrested, along with six vehicles worth over Rs. 30 million in Panadura.
1. England Prime Minister Theresa May appointed a minister for suicide prevention in line with the government’s first every Global Mental Health summit.
1. UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has threatened to quit the promotion as the fallout to his ugly post-match brawl with Conor McGregor’s camp continues.
11 Dec, 2018 | 09:23 PM
11 Dec, 2018 | 05:04 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]