Written by Staff Writer
11 Oct, 2018 | 8:59 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The prices of petrol and super diesel were increased with effect from midnight yesterday (October 10). Accordingly, the new prices are as follows:
2. President Maithripala Sirisena met with the newly elected President of Maldives, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, who was en route to Singapore, at the Bandaranaike International Airport in Katunayake.
3. The PCoI investigating SriLankan Airlines, SriLankan Catering, and Mihin Lanka revealed yesterday (October 10) that the government-owned budget airlines Mihin Lanka was established without a cabinet paper or cabinet approval.
4. The CID informed the court that the DNA obtained from the two elephant tusks currently in court custody, match to the iconic Galagamuwe ‘Dala Puttuwa’ tusker.
5. The Sri Lanka Navy with the assistance of the USA Navy rescued seven fishermen in distress off the Galle harbor on Tuesday (October 09).
6. An individual who had sustained gunshot wounds was found unconscious at a guesthouse in Pilana, Habaraduwa.
7. A police officer sustained injuries after an accidental discharge of a weapon at the Dadigama Police Station.
8. Final rites of the popular singer and comedian Ronnie Leitch is to be held today (October 11).
9. A 21-year-old in possession of 4.95 Kg of Kerala ganja was arrested in Omantha while he aboard a bus.
10. The Colombo High court issued summons on Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka to appear before the court on the 18th of this month.
1. U.S. President Donald Trump said plans are being made for his second summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
1. The 1st One Day International between Sri Lanka and England that was held at the Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium yesterday (October 10) ended with no result.
The cartoon of the day:
19 Oct, 2021 | 09:05 AM
10 Oct, 2021 | 11:25 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]