Written by Lethonkie Fernando
08 Aug, 2018 | 9:30 am
1. Five-time Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Karuna Nidhi passed away at a hospital last evening (August 07). He was aged 94 at the time of his demise.
2. Four railway workers have been interdicted until the committee appointed to investigate the train collision at Panaliya submits its report.
3. Rs 2.7 billion sought through a supplementary estimate at parliament yesterday (August 07). Part of the funds will be used for relocating army camps in the North and East and for the implementation of Suwaseriya pre-hospital care ambulance service.
4. A proposal to employ 20,000 graduates into the state sector for the year 2018 received approval by the Cabinet of Ministers.
5. A commercial entity engaging in the illegal distribution of products making use of the PE Plus, registered trademark, and brand name have been fined Rs.300,000 yesterday (August 07) by the Colombo Chief Magistrate’s court.
6. A proposal to offer Rs.200,000 allowance to parliamentarians engaged in monitoring development projects has been rejected by cabinet.
7. NFF National Organizer Jayanatha Samaraweera claimed the party at Wadduwa was backed by a prominent politician and had an excessive use of drugs.
8. State Minister Ajith P. Perera said that two special high courts would be established to expedite cases involving major crimes.
9. Island-wide bus strike to be launched from Sunday (August 12) midnight to oppose the tender procedure followed in granting route permits.
10. A decision on the opposition leader is to be delivered later this week after discussions were held in Parliament yesterday (August 07).
15 Dec, 2019 | 03:32 PM
15 Dec, 2019 | 01:19 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]