Written by Lethonkie Fernando
27 Jul, 2018 | 10:00 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Power disruptions scheduled for today (27 July) in Colombo 3, 4, 5, 7 & 8 have been rescheduled for tomorrow from 09.00 am to 03.00 pm.
2. Intelligence unit of the Welikada prison has been dissolved with immediate effect on the orders of Minister of Justice Thalatha Athukorala.
3. Minister Sarath Fonseka opposes former Sri Lankan cricket captain Kumar Sangakkara as a common candidate for the 2020 elections.
4. President Maithripala Sirisena states MPs and Ministers involved in the drug trade will be punished in accordance with the law.
5. Presidential Commission of Inquiry (PCoI) disclosed that the procurement of security equipment for the BIA by Sri Lankan Airlines was marred with serious irregularities.
1. Former cricketer Imran Khan claimed victory in Pakistan’s Election that ended on Wednesday (July 25) amidst accusations of vote rigging that was directed to him by the rival parties.
2. Uganda’s constitutional courts on Thursday (July 26) approved removing the presidential age limit of 75 years, a ruling that would potentially allow President Yoweri Museveni to extend his three-decade rule.
1. Cabinet paper presented by the Minister of Sports on the matter of Sri Lankan Cricket being an under competent authority was criticized by Prof Prathibha Mahanama as misleading the Cabinet and the President.
16 Nov, 2018 | 11:41 AM
15 Nov, 2018 | 06:08 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]