Written by Lethonkie Fernando
24 Jul, 2018 | 7:26 am
COLOMBO News 1st –
1. The maiden waters of the Morgahakanda-Kalu Ganga irrigation development project were ceremoniously released yesterday (June 23) under the patronage of the President Maithripala Sirisena which also included a 25 – megawatt power Hydroelectric Power Station constructed under the Moragahakanda Multipurpose Development project.
2. Minister of Development Strategies and International Trade Malik Samarawickrama releasing a statement yesterday (July 23) denied having said that a sum of US $16 Billion in direct investments has been received to the country.
3. The Government Printers and other institutions adjoining the Welikada prison complained about the disruption of their mobile phone services due to the installation of signal jammers in the prison.
4. The High Courts of Nuwara Eliya passed a verdict of 12 years of imprisonment for the Former Chairman of the Walapane Pradeshiya Sabha and SLFP Organizer of the Walapane electorate Jagath Kumara Samarahewa and a driver at the Pradeshiya Sabha for having misused a vehicle belonging to the Dept. of Agriculture in 2004 and retaining firearms without a license.
5. The Government Medical Officers Association announced the launch of an island-wide strike action to be held on the 3rd of August which would also have the participation of the entire private sector, against 10 key issues, such as, issues of the health service, the issues regarding the Singapore FTA and also other tax-related issues.
1. The White House on Monday (July 23) threatened to strip six former U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials, of their security clearances as President Donald Trump considers striking back at critics of his summit meeting last week with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
2. Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras cut short a trip to Bosnia on Monday (July 23) as fires raging near Athens claimed the lives of at least seven people.
1. Sri Lanka won the second Test against South Africa by 199 runs at the SSC and went on to secure victory of the test series (2-0) against the visitors
16 Feb, 2019 | 08:47 PM
13 Feb, 2019 | 10:33 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]