Written by Nathasha De Alwis
19 Jul, 2018 | 7:06 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. President Maithripala Sirisena addresses the “Open Government Partnership Global Summit” held in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia.
2. The Attorney General’s Department informs the Supreme Court that Duminda Silva was sentenced to death by two High Court Judges after evidence proved he had actively been involved in the Bharatha Lakshman homicide.
3. The Court of appeal revealed that the verdict on the appeal filed by the beneficial owner of Perpetual Treasuries, Arjun Aloysius and it’s CEO Kasun Palisena requesting bail, would be issued on the 11th of October.
4. A group of Sri Lankan refugees who had been residing in Tamil Nadu for over 25 years returns to the country.
5. The travel ban imposed on four directors of the Edirisinghe Trust Investment (ETI) was extended indefinitely by the Fort Magistrates’ Court.
1. Chinese President Xi Jinping’s upcoming visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is of historic significance as the trip will be a milestone for bilateral ties between the two countries, said Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, UAE Minister of State.
2. A Turkish court decides to keep an American pastor in jail, dashing hopes that he could be released during his trial on terrorism and spying charges, a case that has deepened a rift with NATO ally Washington.
1. Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said France’s World Cup victory was a win for Africa, with more than a dozen of the national side’s players with African roots.
15 Feb, 2020 | 02:27 PM
24 Jan, 2020 | 10:32 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]