Written by Keshala Dias
30 May, 2018 | 9:40 am
The US has said it plans to impose 25% tariffs on $50bn worth of Chinese imports “shortly” after mid-June.
US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said last week, the proposed tariffs were on hold while two sides continue trade talks.
In a statement Tuesday, the White House said a final list of covered imports will be released by June 15 and the tariffs will be imposed “shortly thereafter.”
The White House also said new restrictions on Chinese investment and enhanced export controls will be announced by June 30, with implementation soon after.
In a statement, China’s Commerce Ministry called on the US to act in the spirit of earlier joint comments.
It said: “This is obviously contrary to the consensus reached between the two sides in Washington not long ago.”
07 Nov, 2018 | 10:14 AM
29 Oct, 2018 | 09:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]