Written by Staff Writer
20 Feb, 2015 | 10:00 pm
A shocking medical mistake, where a vaccine for dogs was allegedly injected to a patient was reported from Kalutara.
An eighty-four-year-old man was admitted to a private hospital in Kalutara for a dog bite.
The victim’s son said that they admitted him and then he was transferred to the OPD. And went on to note that the doctor who was there gave them a prescription for an anti-Rabies vaccine and were told to obtain it from the pharmacy.
Based on the doctors prescription , the son of the victim of this mishap had purchased the vaccine from a pharmacy nearby.
The hospital staff had thereafter allegedly injected the vaccine to the patient.
Victim’s son added that the two injections were used on his father. And he was told that the same injection needs to be given again in seven days.
Seven days later when he took the receipt to the pharmacy to obtain the vaccine , they have told that there was a mistake and this vaccine is given to dogs.
The victim of this medical mistake has taken measures to file a complaint with the National Health Institute of Kalutara over this mishap.
Thereafter, all vaccines at the private hospital were sealed. Health officials later arrived at the hospital in question.
The victim’s son said that the doctor and the staff at the hospital had accepted their mistake. It is learnt that the victim is in normal condition and the dog too is alive.
The victim’s son points out that this is a grave mistake. He goes on to question – what what if something more serious than this happened?
20 Apr, 2019 | 01:12 PM
05 Apr, 2019 | 08:09 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]