.webp)
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka's Sports Minister Harin Fernando signed the gazette to revoke the decision by Former Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe that appointed an interim committee for Sri Lanka Cricket.
Minister Fernando made the announcement on X, formerly known as Twitter.
Former Sports Minister Roshan Ranasinghe issued a gazette on the 4th of November, suspending the operations of Sri Lanka Cricket, and appointing an Interim Committee chaired by Arjuna Ranatunga to continue the operations of SLC.
On Tuesday (12) Sports Minister Harin Fernando said that he signed a gazette to revoke the decision appointing an interim committee for Sri Lanka Cricket, aiming to lift our ICC suspension.
He also said that he had also written to the ICC, seeking their observations on the Auditor General's report on SLC, and to the Attorney General's Department for future actions.
The court had already issued an order temporarily suspending the operations of the Sri Lanka Cricket Interim Committee after taking into account an application filed by SLC, and the examination of the application is yet to conclude.
Moreover, the suspension imposed by the ICC on SLC remains in effect.