Written by Staff Writer
10 Aug, 2022 | 6:06 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); The People's Channel Sirasa TV launched the International Franchise Game Show 'THE 5 MILLION MONEY DROP', at Stein Studios today.
Two contestants, 7 questions and 5 million at stake. The “5 million money drop” is a game show that makes millionaire duos. This game show was aired on Fox TV in both United States and Canada. It is based on the UK flagship series “The Million Pound drop”.
This award-winning game show is now televised in more than 50 different countries, having aired over 2500+ international episodes.
Its accolades include recognition at the British Academy Film Awards for its spectacular digital creativity and claiming the title of “Best Entertainment Program” at other award ceremonies.
How is the game played?
1. There are 2 contestants: the couple that is featured is a team of two people with an existing/ pre-existing relationship.
2. They are presented with 5 million LKR and must face a total of seven multiple choice questions based on general knowledge.
3. At each question, the contestants have a limited time to choose the right answer and wager their cash on it.
4. They do so by placing their cash on the chosen answer(s).
5. Each answer option corresponds with a different trapdoor or “drop”.
6. Any money wagered on an incorrect answer is lost as it falls through this ‘money drop’
7. Contestants may also wager the money across multiple answers to avoid risking it all.
8. But any money placed on an incorrect answer is lost and as it ‘drops’ through the trapdoor.
9. The contestants get to keep any money that remains after all seven questions have been played.
Sirasa TV has always been dedicated to providing its viewers with the best in entertainment, TV shows/ tele dramas and news. We were the first channel in Sri Lanka to introduce the concept of reality TV and game shows of an international standard. Partnering with international franchises such as “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” and “The Voice” have given birth to the popular local versions “Sirasa Lakshapathi” and “The Voice Sri Lanka”.
These have now become bigger than just popular TV shows and have transcended into providing hope and opportunity for the amazing Sri Lankan talent that is out there. “The Voice Teen” and “Sri Lanka’s Got Talent” are franchises that have become an aspiration to the younger generation, providing a pathway for those that dare to dream.
Sirasa TVs next step in revolutionizing the trends of modern-day TV is to introduce this nail-biting game show that will leave not just the contestants but the audience with bated breath until the very last second. The powerful combination of one of the strongest media networks in Sri Lanka with one of the most successful game shows in the world, will create a wave of excitement across the country.
This program will hand over the sum of Rs.5 Million per episode to each contestant couple and will continue for fifty episodes, allocating approximately quarter of a billion as prize money to those who win. This life changing game show is guaranteed to keep the audience on the edge of their seats and test the nerves and wits of those who play.
"The MTV Media Network has always invested in world-class entertainment. The Voice, Who Wants to be a Millionaire are great examples. And this year, we are changing the game with a franchised game show', noted Chevaan Daniel, Group Director of the MTV Network.
Once again Sirasa TV is on a pathway to leave its viewers in awe, living up to its name of being “The People’s Channel”, time and time again.
27 Sep, 2022 | 09:14 PM
27 Sep, 2022 | 08:16 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]