Ex-CEB Chief’s testimony: Guidelines accepted as directives

Ex-CEB Chief’s testimony: Guidelines accepted as directives

Ex-CEB Chief’s testimony: Guidelines accepted as directives

Written by Amani Nilar

23 Jun, 2022 | 7:56 pm

COLOMBO (News 1st); Issuing a communique, the Acting Director of Communications in Parliament said that the footage of the meeting held on 10th June will be released to the media on Monday 27th June.

The statement mentioned that after a lengthy discussion, the committee approved his request to remove some of the words from his statement to the COPE Committee on the relevant date.

However, the former CEB Chairman Ferdinando has stated before the COPE Committee today (23), that his previous statement citing that he was influenced by certain parties, is untrue.

Ferdinando’s letter to the Secretary to the Treasury on November 25th last year was also questioned by the COPE, according to the communique from the Acting Director of Communications in Parliament.

He has stated that he accepts guidelines given by the higher political authorities of the Government, as clear directives

The former CEB chairman had said he had interpreted the renewable energy project as one taking place between two governments.

Latest News


Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]