Written by Zulfick Farzan
15 Jun, 2022 | 6:18 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka’s Former Energy Minister and Leader of the Pivithuru Hela Urumaya Udaya Gammanpila has put forward a series of proposals that should be adopted to address the worsening fuel crisis.
1. Temporary withdrawal of all Cars and SUVs with an engine capacity of over 2000 CC
2. Three-Day Office Work (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday), and Online Work on Tuesday and Thursday.
3. Introduce a system via WhatsApp or email for the general public to submit the documentation necessary for public service, thus minimizing foot traffic in government offices.
4. Public Sector employees should be transferred to the government institution that is closest to their residence.
5. Three-Day school week and Two-day online sessions for the students.
6. All Public and Private sector meetings need to be carried out via Zoom, saving fuel and time.
7. Seat-less buses for short-distance travel to increase the number of passengers per bus.
8. Promote cycling, instead of opting to use motorcycles and three-wheelers.
16 Aug, 2022 | 05:18 PM
25 Jul, 2022 | 05:11 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]