Fire at a high-rise in Borella, Fire-wood stove cause for the blaze

Fire at a high-rise in Borella, Fire-wood stove cause for the blaze

Fire at a high-rise in Borella, Fire-wood stove cause for the blaze

Written by Teena Marian

26 May, 2022 | 10:49 am

COLOMBO (News 1st); A fire broke out in a house on the 10th floor of the Sahaspura apartment complex in Wanathamulla, Borella yesterday (25) due to the use of firewood stove inside the premises instead of gas.

The fire destroyed many kitchen equipment and books.

Residents said they were compelled to use firewood due to the lack of gas for several days.

News 1st Correspondent said that people in many other houses in this housing scheme have also been tempted to use firewood.

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]