Written by Amani Nilar
01 Dec, 2021 | 3:31 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); The CEB Engineers Union says that its members will step away from attending to power restoration activities which do not fall within their 8 hours of work.
The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) Engineers’ Union have been engaged in a trade union action since 12 noon on 25th November, citing several demands including the cancellation of the controversial New Fortress LNG deal, and the continuation of the ongoing LNG tender process.
The six demands of the CEB union are as follows;
1. Proceeding with the New Fortress Energy LNG deal
2. Not to stop the ongoing transparent tender procedure by CEB for LNG employment
3. To cease the attempts of unbundling the CEB
4. To cease proposed amendments for the Board Act No. 17 of 1969
5. To prevent politicization of the post of the General Manager of the CEB
6. To stop transfers of Senior Management positions
20 Jan, 2022 | 01:13 PM
20 Jan, 2022 | 12:42 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]